You may order samples online. Sample must be purchased and shipping charges apply. Please keep in mind sample tiles may vary in color from future orders due to the handmade process.
Talavera tiles are NOT frost resistant, they should not be used on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
Mexico is world reknown for its skillful artisans in a wide variety of fields. Mexican writer Alberto Ruy Sanchez Lacy called Mexican tile a "chosen skin". Tiles have embellished numerous public anc private spaces thoughout Mexico. A glimpse anymwhere in Mexico, particularly in the central states, shows the widespread use of talavera tiles decorating a broad range of spaces from kitchens, fountains, facades, interiors of luxurious hacienda homes to churches. It is through traditional artifacts, such as handcrafted tiles, that one can perceive an artisan’s sensibility, and creativity. Handcrafted ceramic tile is a rooted cultural heritage in Mexico, since its practice of making it began in the late sixteen century, around 1570 and 1573. Mexican ceramic tiles have actively played a distinguished role as an important utilitarian and decorative element in Mexican architecture.
Mexican tile is functional, beautiful, and practical, it provides a long lasting wall or surface that is easy to care and maintain. You can install Mexican tiles in virtually any area you want to enjoy their warm and beauty.The tiles are made from clay dug out of the ground and fired to a temperature at which the clay undergoes chemical changes and becomes permanently hard. Then the tile is glazed and decorated by hand, and fired once again to give it its final and lively finish. Its physical characteristics make Mexican tiles particularly attractive and distinctive. Mexican tiles are concave (not perfectly flat). They are characterized as unique, irregular, functional, and expressive.
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Light-use residential flooring as accents or as a border to define an area.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
• Moist areas where tiles are not submerged in water.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
|Tiles per Square foot||
|Care and Considerations||• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.|
• Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.
• Due to the sensitive nature of Talavera tiles scratches may be prominent in dark colors. For example, Cobalt Blue.
|Installation||• For Installation Recommendations refer to our Installation Guide|
Hi Tierra y Fuego- We bought 18 tiles from you to use in a kitchen backsplash. They are EXQUISITE! Each one is a small work of art and absolutely perfect for our need. Doing business with you was easy, from ordering to follow-up emails to timely delivery. I wish all companies functioned as well. Thank you, thank you. Our kitchen is beautiful, with its little slice of Mexico so we feel not so far from home.
The following discounts will be reflected in the shopping cart when the proper quantity is entered:
|Size||Number of tiles||Price per tile||Discount|
|4¼ x 4¼ in.||1 - 89||$ 1.92|
|90 +||$ 1.72||10%|