Rhodes 3 Talavera Mexican Tile
- Matching Colors
You may order samples online. Sample must be purchased and shipping charges apply. Please keep in mind sample tiles may vary in color from future orders due to the handmade process.
Talavera tiles are NOT Frost Resistant, they should not be used on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
Mexico is world reknown for its skillful artisans in a wide variety of fields. Mexican writer Alberto Ruy Sanchez Lacy called Mexican tile a "chosen skin". Tiles have embellished numerous public and private spaces thoughout Mexico. A glimpse anywhere in Mexico, particularly in the central states, shows the widespread use of talavera tiles decorating a broad range of spaces from kitchens, fountains, facades, interiors of luxurious hacienda homes to churches. It is through traditional artifacts, such as handcrafted tiles, that one can perceive an artisan’s sensibility, and creativity. Handcrafted ceramic tile is a rooted cultural heritage in Mexico, since its practice of making it began in the late sixteen century, around 1570 and 1573. Mexican ceramic tiles have actively played a distinguished role as an important utilitarian and decorative element in Mexican architecture.
Mexican tile is functional, beautiful, and practical, it provides a long lasting wall or surface that is easy to care and maintain. You can install Mexican tiles in virtually any area you want to enjoy their warm and beauty.
The tiles are made from clay dug out of the ground and fired to a temperature at which the clay undergoes chemical changes and becomes permanently hard. Then the tile is glazed and decorated by hand, and fired once again to give it its final and lively finish. Its physical characteristics make Mexican tiles particularly attractive and distinctive. Mexican tiles are concave (not perfectly flat). They are characterized as unique, irregular, functional, and expressive.
Rhodes 3 Talavera Mexican Tile
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Light-use residential flooring as accents or as a border to define an area.
• Tiles are Not Frost Resistant. Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common.
• Wet areas such as showers, pools or fountains.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
• For a comparison of variation and crazing degrees refer to Variation and Crazing Details
|Tiles per Square foot||
|Care and Considerations||• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.|
• Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.
|Installation||• For Installation Recommendations refer to our Installation Guide|
Platinum Gray - Talavera Mexican Tile$1.94 - $157.14Item# 81671Quick Shop20.00(1)
Frequently Bought Together:
Miracle 511 Impregnator Sealer$21.00 - $35.70Item# 99911Quick Shop