For many decades tile has been an essential, vibrant, and expressive element of California’s Spanish-Revival and Mediterranean architectural styles. Ceramic tile, particularly hand made and hand decorated tiles, can be found in historic buildings in places such as San Diego or San Clemente; in seaside estates like Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, or Malibu; in canyon villas, such as Rancho Santa Fe, Beverly Hills, and Hancock Park; and bungalows, particularly in Pasadena, North Park (San Diego), and Palm Springs.
Tierra y Fuego’s Santa Barbara tile collection evokes the California landscape, with a combination of vivid and subtle colors offset by neutrals and matte finishes. It is this combination of mattes and gloss finishes in a vast array of colors that our Santa Barbara ceramic tile becomes rich, vibrantly alive, and harmonious.
Tierra y Fuego’s Santa Barbara tile collection exhibits many different colors and designs to choose, to inspire, and allow you to create your own pattern. Our ceramic tile is handcrafted and decorated by hand using an ancient method called Cuerda Seca that literally translates to dry cord. The technique of making Cuerda Seca tile has been used for centuries in Spain and other Mediterranean countries. The depth and richness of the colors are obtained by painstakingly applying every drop of glaze by hand onto a delineated design.
If your next project includes the installation of tile in a kitchen, bathroom, stairs, fireplace, fountain, patio, entryway, or even a coffee table, consider Tierra y Fuego’s Santa Barbara ceramic tiles to create a lavish and elegant ambience. The sensuality and sophistication of our tiles is the result of the human touch that has created them.
Order your sample tiles today to experience the true nature of Tierra y Fuego’s tiles. We recommend you to touch and contemplate them in order to effectively appreciate their uniqueness and high quality.
PLEASE NOTE: the Santa Barbara ceramic tiles are not frostproof. If they are intended to be used in high humidity areas, we recommend the use of a penetrating sealer, specially on matte finish tiles.
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Light-use residential flooring as accents or as a border to define an area.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
• Moist areas where tiles are not submerged in water.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
|Tiles per Square foot||
|Care and Considerations||• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.|
• Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.
|Installation||• For Installation Recommendations refer to our Installation Guide|