You may order samples online. Sample must be purchased and shipping charges apply. Please keep in mind sample tiles may vary in color from future orders due to the handmade process.Terra Crackle Tiles exclusive collection is an astonishing creation that captures an antique and refined expression. At the heart of these tiles are the pronounced purposely created crackles that harness the beauty of color and light. If you are looking for a rustic, handmade artisan look, our crackle tile deliver it. Order your samples today and discover for yourself the captivating appeal of Tierrayfuego.com's handcrafted tiles.
How to Order Tile Samples
|You may order samples online or by phone. Sample must be purchased and shipping charges apply. When ordering samples please keep in mind there is no guarantee tile samples will match future orders do to the handmade process.|
|Size||Due to handmade nature, tiles may vary by up to 1/4 in. Sizes are nominal, meaning that sizes vary from the actual.|
|Color, Size and Design Variation||Moderate to Extreme variations are expected for all Terra Crackle Tiles. For instance, size, color and design are all likely to vary due to the hand made process. PLEASE NOTE: shades of color are seen differently on computer monitors and therefore customers should request a sample before making a final selection or purchase. Lot variation in size and color may be present from shipment to shipment. There is no guarantee that tiles ordered as add-ons will match those from the original orders.|
|Tiles per Square Foot||
** The following is an estimate number of tiles you will need per square foot. The amount of tiles needed per square foot varies according to tile size and shape. This is a courtesy estimate and we recommend to double check measurements and tile quantities with your tile expert installer as you may need additional pieces to account for cuts and breakage.
|Body||Red body bisque, they are flat but still have mild variation on contour. Terra Crackel features a rustic hand made artisan look.|
|Tile Thickness||¼" thickness which gives each tile a superior breaking resistance. Larger and smaller tiles vary in thickness accordingly.|
|Applications||Suitable for all interiors of residential and commercial wall applications. If used in moist areas, apply a penetrating sealer which forms an invisible barrier that is resistant to moisture and stains while allowing vapor to escape. Outdoor use is subject to climate. Terra Crakcle tiles are NOT frost proof.|
|Recommended Grout Type and Width||1/4 in. grout line suggested. Use sanded grout when doing grout lines of 1/4 in. or more; and non-sanded grout when less than 1/4 in. We recommend to seal tile before grouting and to seal grout after installation. For further advice, contact your professional tile installer.|
|Installation Recommendations||Lay out material prior to installation to properly blend and balance color. Due to size variation, we recommend to shuffle thru tile or several boxes before installation. The application of a penetrating sealer is recommended in accordance with the sealer manufacturer’s instructions to further enhance the durability of the tile. Note: Always perform a sample test on an inconspicuous area, before applying the sealer on an entire tiled surface.|
|Further Installation Details||Terra Crackle Tile Installation
The successful installation of ceramic tiles is highly affected by the installation process. Tierra y Fuego strongly recommends hiring or consulting a skilled professional tile installer, even for small projects. Tierra y Fuego is not liable for tile that has been altered from its original state due to improper handling during the installation process. Inspect the tile prior to installation as installation signifies acceptance.
For a successful installation of Tierra y Fuego’s Terra Crackle ceramic tiles, please take note of the following recommendations:
• Carefully choose a skilled tile installer.
• Properly blend all tiles prior to installation.
• Make sure the installer is informed of all the procedures and products; and carefully follows the manufacturer’s instructions of any solutions such as sealers, grout releases, and cleaners that may be used or come in contact with the tile during the installation process.
• Seal tiles with a penetrating sealer of your choice prior to grouting. We recommend 511 Impregnator Sealer from Miracle Sealants Company for medium to dense porous surfaces.
• Apply a grout release (like Aqua Mix’s) before grouting following the manufacturer’s instructions; this process will help protect its inherent textured surface, and reduce grout staining.
• One important consideration as part of the tile selection process is the color of the grout. Depending on the desired final overall look, there are three basic approaches to selecting the grout color: matching, contrasting, and neutral. Grout will affect the product’s final appearance.
• Grout tile with sanded grout. Premixed epoxy grout is NOT recommended due to its viscosity.
• After the grout has dried completely, if need it, clean tiles with Grout Haze Clean-up from Aqua Mix.
• Allow the entire tiled area to dry completely. Depending on environmental climate, it will typically take 24 hours to dry.
• After the installation has been completed, seal the entire area once again with a penetrating sealer.
• Note: Always test a small sample tile with the solutions that might be used during installation before applying to an entire area.
This guide is intended to provide information on frequently asked questions. Opinions vary in the ceramic tile industry about the proper installation of ceramic tiles. However, since Tierra y Fuego tiles are porous they should be sealed with a penetrating sealer before and after grouting.
|Care Recommendations||Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.|
|How Much Extra Tile to Order||Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to the tile needed to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. This is particularly important in complex installations. Specially with diagonal patterns.|