You may order samples online. Sample must be purchased and shipping charges apply. Please keep in mind sample tiles may vary in color from future orders due to the handmade process.
Tenampa tiles are NOT frost resistant, they should not be used on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
Our Tenampa Stoneware Mexican handcrafted tile draws its inspiration from nature and the Mexican Northwest and the American Southwest. The tiles are made from a blend of fine-grain clays and other minerals to produce a very dense body, which makes them highly resistant to moisture, staining, and wear. The surface is glazed and painted by hand with color pigments. The tiles are fired in kilns making the glaze permanently fused to the body (bisque) to form a finish product. Once the process to create the tiles is complete the tiles become alive and vibrant. They have a rustic, warm, and timeless appeal. You can use these tiles to create a custom design that blends perfectly with your Southwest style interior design.
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
• Wet areas such as showers, pools or fountains.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
|Tiles per Square foot||
|Care and Considerations||• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.|
• Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.
|Installation||• For Installation Recommendations refer to our Installation Guide|